CONTEST: Design a Virtual Background
What's Behind Your Desk? AU 2020 Autodesk Group Network Virtual Background Contest
Enter Autodesk Group Network's Virtual Background Contest and show us
Meetings used to be occasions for us to leave our desks and at a minimum see the environment around someone else’s desk or possibly travel to a distant country and meet with overseas colleagues. That’s just not possible right now. So, we invite you to let your imaginations create that other environment.
Build your ideal virtual background and show us where you would go.
We’ve selected three categories for you to focus your creativity. Don’t restrict your designs to static images only, feel free to create animated MP4 backgrounds. How you interpret these themes is completely up to you!
- 1.Best Travel Background
- 2.Best Fantasy World Background
- 3.Best Office of the Future
- Theme: Virtual Background (Travel, Fantasy World, and Office of the Future categories)
- Submission Period (CLOSED): September 28, 2020 – October 25, 2020 (11:59 PM Pacific)
- Voting Period: October 26, 2020 – November 13, 2020
- Judging Period: November 4, 2020 – November 13, 2020
- Winners Announced: November 16, 2020
Voting period: October 26, 2020 – November 13, 2020
We encourage voting by each user group's member base, and beyond. Please note, voting by community members is for entertainment purposes only, it is not considered part of the Judging process
- Voting is encouraged as a means of bringing wider attention to the contest (and the virtual backgrounds created by community members)
- Entrants and members are encouraged to share links to their submissions on the Contest Voting Site to encourage their fellow community members to check out their design and vote! (Coming soon!)
- What that means in practical terms: people will “vote” for their preferred applicant in each category/subcategory by “Liking” the design on Trello
- Voting prerequisite: members must be logged into Trello in order to take part in the voting
Judging Period: November 4, 2020 - November 13, 2020
- Three judges from the Autodesk Community team will be selected prior to the judging period
- This will be a single-round contest, each entry per category is scored by each judge and the scores are totaled. The entries with the highest scores in each category will win the grand prize.
Winner Public Announcement: November 16, 2020
All winners will be announced, and their winning Virtual Background designs on November 16, 2020 in time for Autodesk University Digital.
The winners will also be recognized at the Year at a Glance: Autodesk Group Network meetup celebration on November 18, 2020.
The designs will be distributed to all Group Network members to use as a virtual background in time for AU Digital and beyond.
**Other recognition of the winners may be available because of contest write-ups, including being highlighted in a Network News article or across social
- This page has been created on the Community Dojo for the Virtual Background Contest
- You will find the specific terms and conditions for each category downloadable at the end of this section
- There can be up to three winners, only one can be chosen in each cateogry, each receiving an e-Visa gift card worth $300 USD distributed through Rewards Genius by Tango Card. If a design is submitted as a group, the $300 will be equally divided per # of people who are in the group submission
The submitter can interpret the theme as they wish, but must create a virtual background that connects to Travel, Fantasy World, or Office of the Future.
Submissions must come from either a member, a leader, or a group of people associated to a group in the Autodesk Group Network. See e.g. below:
- I am submitting my virtual background as a member of LUG
- I am submitting my virtual background as a leader of LUG
- I, along with 3 others who designed this virtual background, are representing LUG with this submission.
Within the defined submission period, all participants (a member, a leader, or a group of individuals) can enter one virtual background per category. However, there is not a limit on the number of submissions per user group.
- e.g. 3 separate members or leaders could submit on behalf of LUG in the Best Travel Background. But 1 member could not submit 2 designs for Best Travel Background.
All designs, either static image or animated, must incorporate the Group Network badge provided to all entrants downloadable below. 5 bonus points will be rewarded for those who submit a design using Autodesk software.
You must include a completed Specific Use Permission form (all fields highlighted yellow). If you are selected as a winner, this allows us to distribute your design through the Autodesk Group Network DAM Portal to Group Network members to use as virtual backgrounds on video calls, such as in a Zoom Meeting or Zoom Webinar.
- Rendered environment should be submitted in the corresponding format below:
- Static image format
- JPEG: 1280 x 720 minimum pixels (aspect ratio 16:9)
- Animated image format
- MP4: 480 x 360 pixels (360p) minimum and a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (1080p).
- All submissions will be judged by a set of 3 judges selected for this contest
- There will be three winners announced on November 16, 2020 in time for Autodesk University Digital, and receive a $300 USD value e-Visa gift card.
Travel Contest Terms
Office of Future Contest Terms
Fantasy World Contest Terms
Ready to submit your Virtual Background design in one of our three categories?
Follow our quick check-list to ensure you are ready to submit your design:
- You've read the contest requirements and submission format listed above
- Reviewed the Contest Terms and Conditions above
- Your design includes the Group Network badge (downloadable below)
- A completed Specific-Use Permission Form, allowing us to distribute your design to the Autodesk Group Network if you win (downloadable below)
Group Network badge
Specific Use Permission Form - ADSK Group Network Contest.pdf
All submissions are due by October 25, 2020 (11:59 PM Pacific).